Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My week....

So my week has been filled with the following things taking over my home....
Steven had knee surgery on Tuesday. It was supposed to take approximately 45 minutes and he was supposed to walk out of the surgery center. Well when the doctor didn't come out from surgery after about 1 1/2 hours I knew something was right. 2 hours later the doctor returned and said it was really nasty and there was much more damage than the MRI showed. He said Steven's knee was like that of a 70 year old woman and whatever he was doing he needed to stop :) So we left the hospital approximately 6 hours later and needless to say Steven did not walk...as a matter of fact he is on crutches for the next 6 weeks at a minimum!! We also left with all the machines you see above....and insurance doesn't pay for any of them :(!! So we've had a fun week of adjustments but we are getting there slowly! It's just going to be a LONG 6 weeks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I hope he recovers very quickly!

    Happy New Year! I am a new follower. Come on by to my bloggy blog and follow back if you would like. It is nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness greacious! I've been meaning to ask how the surgery went & how Steven is doing. Now I know. Bless his heart. Praying for a speedy recovery!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete