Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We Survived!

Steven and I successfully made it to Arkansas for the family reunion! It was definitely a long trip!!! We were unable to leave until after work on Friday so we didn't get to the resort until about 12:30 am. Needless to say we were exhausted and definitely not ready to make the drive home come Sunday morning. It was extremely hot but we had a fun time catching up with family and seeing relatives we don't get to see too often!


The Feisals

While we were gone Carson stayed with my mom and dad. He always has an absolute blast at their house. They live on 40 acres and have fun horses, cats, and various wildlife for him to spend his time chasing. Carson has ALWAYS hated the water. He wouldn't get close to the water at the lake and he absolutely hates getting a bath. It seems with all the heat we have been having he decided the water might not be too bad while at my parents house.

(I can't figure out why this picture is so small :()
Needless to say we will definitely be purchasing a puppy pool for our backyard. Last night we were visiting some friends and hanging out at their pool and he decided to take a dip. He quickly panicked when he realized he couldn't touch the bottom and swam to the side!

This weekend I will be heading to Tulsa! My friend Casey who was actually the Matron of Honor in our wedding is expecting Baby #2 aka Max sometime around July 27th. We are so anxious for his arrival!! McClain turned one this past January and absolutely stole my heart.....and Steven's :)! It will be great to spend time with Mc and his momma before he becomes a big brother and she becomes a mom of two!

Sweet McClain the day he came home from the hospital!

Taking a snooze last summer in the car!
Learning to crawl!
This summer at the Zoo with his family!

I am very excited about this weekend and patiently awaiting Max's arrival! Mc I know you will be a GREAT big brother!


1 comment:

  1. Aww I love catching up with family! My BF just puts our dog in the shower. Every time me and the BF go to the beach he will carry our dog out and put him in the water so that he has to swim back. He hates when a wave goes over his ears though!

    ReplyDelete