Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Still no pictures......

I haven't unloaded any pics. After all the belly pictures and my shower this weekend I am scared to unload the pictures and see how many are still on my camera.

On another note I did have a doctors appointment. It was pretty eventful to say the least. On Sunday night I had some pretty bad cramping but I thought I was just starting to get dehydrated. Once I finally got some sleep I felt pretty good when I woke up. Last night I had the same cramping but it was much more dull. So I mentioned it to the doctor today. She agreed that everything I described sounded like dehydration but she wanted to do an internal exam just to be sure. WARNING....maybe TMI ahead for some my cervix is still long so it is not thinning out however I am dilated to a 1. She is not overly concerned because as we all know dilation isn't a sure sign of anything. However, the cramping coming 2 nights in a row concerns her somewhat. So I left the doctor with strict instructions on what to do if the cramping returns....even if I don't think it's anything! She is letting me continue work at this time and we will just see where things go. Our sweet little girl is still breech. We will still have an ultrasound on March 23 to see if she has flipped. If she does not flip I will have a scheduled c-section on April 12 which will be 39 weeks. However, if my body decides to go into labor prior to 39 weeks and after 37 weeks she will do a c-section. The goal is to keep her put for the next 3 weeks then after that the goal is April 12.

I am trying to take it easy but learning that she could come as early as 3 weeks away has put my brain into overload mode of what needs to be done!!!!

Steven is out of town which the doctor was not happy to hear. In his defense after Sunday nights episode he tried to stay home and I assured him I was fine to just go to DC. He will be home late tonight and she said unless he wants to miss something she suggest he stays put.

3 comments:

  1. I know you're probably a little overwhelmed at the moment, but how exciting is it that Ellie is coming very, very soon! I can't wait to meet her. You & Steven are going to be such wonderful parents. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl....you better take it easy....make that sweet hubby of yours wait hand and foot on you!!! Soak it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on maternity leave now! You have so many weeks saved up for maternity leave, you should take it now! How exciting for you guys. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete